- Insert the picture to your slide.
- Click the picture.
- Go to the ribbon to the Format tab which just appeared.
- Click Remove Background button.
- Expand the area of selection.
- Use Mark Area to Keep button to improve what PowerPoint highlighted to keep.
- Use your cursor to select this area.
- Use Make Areas to Remove button and do the same thing for area you want to remove.
- Right click on the image.
- Choose Format Picture option.
- Select Soft Edges.
- Change it to 5 Points.
Using themes in PowerPoint is useful because it offers fonts, colors and formatting prepared. It saves a lot of your time. But sometimes you would like to modify themes. Take a look how to do it.
- Go to ribbon to the Design tab.
- In the Themes section click on the arrow to view more themes.
- Choose one which you like the most.
- From the Variants section choose one which suits you.
- In Variants section click the arrow.
- Here you can customize Font, Background, Color and Effects.
- Go back to the Themes section and click the arrow.
- Choose Save Current Theme to save your work.
Note: Next time you will be able to use this theme.
- Go to ribbon and select Design tab.
- Click Format Background button.
- New menu pops out.
- Select Solid Fill to change a color.
- You can also select Gradient Fill or Pattern Fill for less formal presentations.
Tips: There is a lot of such backgrounds to download from the Internet.
- Go to the ribbon and select a Design tab.
- Click Slide Size and select Custom Slide Size.
- Set Slides sized for parameter to Banner or choose Custom.
- Set Orientaton parameters to suit your expectations.
- On Design tab click small arrow in Variants section.
- Select Background Styles and choose a background.
- Now to can start to create your poster.
Tip: Don’t forget to insert pictures in high resolution.
- Click once your picture.
- Go to ribbon to Format tab (make sure you clicked a picture).
- Click Remove Background.
- PowerPoints trys to gues which part of picture you want to keep.
- Use Mark Areas to Keep and Mark Area to Remove buttons to mark proper areas.
- Click Keep Changes to confirm.
Tip: PowerPoint is not a graphic tool. Better effects you can gain in Adobe Photoshop application.
1. Right click the slide and choose Format Background option.
2. Click Picture or texture fill on the menu which just appeared.
3. Click File and choose picture from your hard drive.
4. Click Apply to all to set a new background for all slides.
Tip: If your picture is too dark just increase Transparency.